Introduction to Quilt Making
Currently, there are no dates scheduled for this class. If you "purchase" it, your name will be added to the list and Bob will reach out to you when he has enough students to schedule new dates. Any questions, please contact the store. Thank you.
If you have ever wanted to learn how to make a quilt, this is the class for you. This class begins with a discussion of the different brands of rotary cutting equipment and how to use them correctly and efficiently. While exploring the basics of quilt making, you will learn simple tips to:
- Strip piece
- Help perfect an accurate seam allowance
- Make four-patch blocks with perfectly aligned seams
- Make basic half-square triangle blocks
- Arrange and sew your pieces together
- Add borders to your quilt top
- Mark your quilt for quilting
- Layer and baste your quilt
- Machine quilt basic straight line designs
- Add the traditional double-fold binding
- Main print: 1.25 yds
- Background: 1yd
- Backing: 1.5 yds
- Binding: .5 yds
- Batting: Crib size
- **Cotton fabrics only; no flannel please!
- 6" x 24" omnigrid ruler
- 6.5" x 6.5" omnigrid ruler
- 18" x 24" olfa cutting mat
- 45mm rotary cutter
- Seam ripper
- #2 safety pins
- Thread to match your fabric
- Collins glass head pins
This class consists of six sessions.
Cost does not include supplies.